Monday, August 20, 2018

Leaving home to go home.....

When I left CT to come back to UK, I had a great thumping party.

All the friends came to say goodbye, and I wrote them a poem which I recited. Most of you know I do this often, so you're used to it .....

Here it is for those of you who recognise it - enjoy!


Goodbye friends ---

Its being a long roads travelled, and we all travelled quite far, with many a chat between the school and the car.
 I have made many friends and acquaintances too, but of those that I love there are but a few.

 As luck would have it you are all here today, to say cheerio and see us on our way.

With five years behind us, I have not much to say, let's see you guys I do have some homage to pay.

From their Snoekie de Lookie'  to the 'Howzit'  and 'hi' the 'ola' the  'ciao' and the hearty goodbye.
.................
The hugs from Marc, the wine at the Park rugby, ..................Sunday lunches with friends to make me leave grumpy.
fabulous business opportunities and being there for friend through divorce -- I have become a total know it all now, of course!

I wish you all well, lets keep in touch.
Even though I understand you all don't like email that much!

I'll be far away, but you'll be in my heart - if you ever come over and don't call me I'll hunt you down quick - smart!

Thank you for your friendship, and all the great laughs - I hope I find more, in the land of scones and tarts!

Goodbye!

No comments: